Conservative Osteoarthritis Treatments for the Knee
ColdCure Technology® and RCCE
This philosophy is used to decrease inflammation and relieve pain for chronic or diagnosed arthritic knees within the first 48 hours of a flare-up:
- Rest your knee and limit your activity (if you are able to move your knee); you may want to use a walking aid to prevent immediate weight bearing on the joint if severely damaged or painful.
- Treat your knee with Cold 2-3 times/day for approximately 15 - 20 minutes at a time to help reduce blood flow and fluid build up in your knee area. Gel packs are a better option than frozen peas if possible, as they mold to your knee shape and are reusable. Do nor apply ice directly on your skin.
- Compress your knee if possible by adding light pressure to minimize swelling (make sure the compress is snug, but not too tight as it could cause numbness, tingling or more pain).
- Cold compression Freezie Wraps® are excellent because they provide cold therapy, compression and ColdCure Technology® to prevent skin burn from the cold. This combination drives the cold deeper into the injured tissue than regular ice packs, and speeds the healing process. These wraps are fitted to your knee, easy to use, mess-free and re-usable.
- Elevate your knee above chest level to relieve the pressure from swelling and allow fluid to drain from your injured area
BFST® - Using Your Body's Natural Healing System
Your body can heal itself! In fact, your body starts healing itself the moment you are injured and it's the blood in your body that makes it all happen. Your blood is the transport mechanism for everything that is good inside you. It carries oxygen, nutrients, water and antibodies. Proper blood flow is essential to healing. Unfortunately, when you injure your body you stop moving and the swelling sets in. That means your vital blood flow can be reduced to a trickle! If you want to heal quickly, you need to keep your blood moving and that's where Blood Flow Stimulation Therapy™, or BFST®, comes in.
Blood Flow Stimulation Therapy™ promotes the flow of blood through the injured area without the need to exercise your already damaged tissue. You can really feel it work. Within moments of applying an Inferno Wrap® you can feel the healing sensation and the increase in blood flow. During a treatment, and for quite some time after you finish, your injured area will experience increased blood flow even though your body is at rest. It's a soothing sensation and extremely effective. With BFST® your injury is constantly being fed with healing, nutritious, oxygen and energy filled blood. This is exactly what your body needs to heal.
How An Inferno Wrap® Works
Inferno Wrap® have been specifically designed for the treatment of deep, soft tissue injury. Inferno Wraps® contain a patented Energy Web® which is flexible and shaped to conform to your body. This Energy Web® emits a uniform wave of perfectly safe electro-magnetic energy over its entire surface. This energy travels deep inside your body and stimulates the blood flow needed to heal your injury.
Our Cold Compression Wraps are recommended by countless medical professionals. That's why we sell them, because they are the best. We have noticed over time that our customers are so fond of our cold wraps that they are frequently coming back and ordering a second one. The wraps are becoming very popular with baseball and soccer trainers, and the wraps can be conveniently stored in a cooler for quick application on the field when needed.
If you suffer from mild inflammation or pain after certain activities or movements use cold compression therapy when you complete the activity and then rest and elevate your area of injury. Maximize your pain relief and injury recovery by using a BFST® Inferno Wrap® Personal Therapy System. Proven Performance, Proven Relief - only found at MendMeShop.com. If you have been given a treatment plan by your health professional, make sure you adhere to it to ensure pain free living. In general, people who are committed to their therapies and exercises will have the best medical outcomes.